Line of Service:Advisory
Industry:Products & Services
State & City:WA-Seattle
Position Type:Full Time
Auto req ID:41285BR-6
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading firm that services clients that include the Fortune 500, and will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If you are, then PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (www.pwc.com/us) is the firm for you. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC US) helps clients meet the challenges and opportunities of the US marketplace in the areas of assurance, tax, and advisory. We offer the advantage of being part of a global network of firms combined with detailed knowledge of local, state and US national issues. More than 169,000 people in over 158 countries across the PwC network are committed to deliver quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. People across the PwC network share knowledge, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and deliver practical advice.
At PwC US, you will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. We offer a flexible career progression model that allows for a variety of challenging opportunities throughout your career. We provide unparalleled coaching, mentoring, and career development programs; global opportunities; and state of the art technology-driven methodologies to help you provide quality service to our clients.
From strategy through execution, PwC Advisory helps clients build their next competitive advantage. As the world's second largest global consulting provider, we combine the breadth of knowledge of over 35,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. A long history of working with many of the world's largest and most complex companies means we really understand the unique business challenges our clients face better than most consultancies.
Across industries, our clients are focused on improving business performance, responding quickly and effectively to crisis situations, and extracting value from transactions. Our growing Products & Services Industries practice provides management, technology and risk consulting services to help a diverse set of clients around the world anticipate and address their most complex business challenges. Products & Services Industries includes multiple sectors: Automotive, Energy, Entertainment, Media & Communications, Industrial Products, Private Equity, Retail & Consumer, Technology, and Utilities.
Our IT Infrastructure consultants help clients optimize their technology infrastructure. This high performing team advises clients on all elements of their information technology infrastructure from data center solutions to IT service management. They also address areas such as networking, convergence, connectivity and collaboration, and disaster recovery.
Disaster Recovery project work may include the following:
- Developing IT strategy for BCP and Disaster Recovery
- Evaluating the technical Disaster Recovery capabilities of an IT infrastructure
- Recommending reference architecture for Disaster Recovery
- Developing the mitigation plan to improve Disaster Recovery capabilities
- Developing & implementing a Disaster Recovery Plan.
Demonstrates proven thorough knowledge of key Federal Disaster Recovery-related regulations from the OCC, FDA, FEMA, DHS and related industry standards (BS25999, ISO/IEC 24762:2008, NFPA 1600), and how these are applied to the creation, delivery, deployment and maintenance of Disaster Recovery and/or Operational Continuity related plans and solutions across various industry sectors.
Demonstrates proven thorough knowledge of participating in engagement teams within a professional services and/or consulting environment that sell, deliver, deploy and maintain Disaster Recovery, Operational Continuity and general IT Infrastructure engagement solutions, including the following:
- Assisting with the development of client recommendations directly related to BCP and Disaster Recovery strategy, Disaster Recovery maturity assessments, Disaster Recovery reference architecture, Disaster Recovery planning development and implementation
- Evaluating and implementing Disaster Recovery architectures and/or Disaster Recovery solutions
- Supporting the creation of proposals, RFP response documents, and statements of work
- Analyzing and reporting on the implications of regulatory requirements and industry guidance on Disaster Recovery programs
- Performing risk analyses for IT infrastructure functional areas to identify points of vulnerability and recommending disaster avoidance and reduction strategies
- Confirming all systems and applications are properly categorized through the Business Continuity (BC) process and establishing that proper and respective Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) meet compliance and are applied and achieved
- Assuring records required for disaster recovery area are identified and properly maintained
- Participating in engagements focused on deploying and maintaining the Disaster Recovery plans for defined periods of time
Obtained certification in BCI and/or Disaster Recovery II.
Graduate degree preferred.
Demonstrates proven through abilities and success with designing, implementing, and maintaining Disaster Recovery testing strategies and plans including the definition of Service Language Agreements with businesses and vendors.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success as an engineer or an architect in one or more of the following areas to establish that internal recovery sites are updated and functioning properly applications, systems (Windows/Unix), storage, database, data centers, and MS Office Suite. Exhibits proven ability to lead crisis management teams for pandemic planning in the event of business interruption.
Demonstrates proven thorough ability to develop strategy as well as write, communicate, facilitate, and present cogently to all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management including creating course materials, presentation slides, practice marketing materials, change management plans, project plans, workshops for various internal and external clients and audience levels;, practice methodologies and tools, policies and procedures, whitepapers, and other standard business communications.
Demonstrates proven thorough ability and success leading client projects and understanding clients' business and technology in order to identify, pursue, and ultimately obtain additional consulting opportunities.
Experience in enterprise environments consisting of multiple data centers supporting revenues in excess of $5B.
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary: 4 Years in Technology (Consulting, Value Added Reseller (VAR), Fortune 500 IT Department or IT Service Management Tool Vendor)
Minimum Degree(s) and Certification(s) Required:
Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts
1 certification in storage, networking, security or an operating system
Demonstrates willingness and ability to conduct business travel 80-100% in the role