PwC Capital Projects Senior Associate in New York, New York
Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Time Type: Full time
Travel Requirements: Up to 80%
A career in our Capital Projects practice, within Operations Consulting, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients understand where they might have vulnerabilities and develop solutions to manage the risks involved. We prevent, respond to and remediate a wide range of business threats, risks and complex issues.
Our team helps organisations deliver on their large scale capital assets, programs and portfolios by providing assurance, tax, consulting, deals and forensics services across the capital project lifecycle. As part of the team, you’ll utilize technology solutions to help our clients analyse, design and implement business changes related to their large scale capital projects.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Construction Management, Materials Science, Materials Science and Engineering, Project Engineering & Management, Risk Management
Additional Educational Preferences :
A Master of Business Administration may also be considered.
Certification(s) Preferred :
Professional Engineer (PE), Project Management Professional (PMP), or American Production and Inventory Constrol Society (APICS).
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success leading efforts in consulting, designing, and implementing business process and technology solutions for gas and/or electric utility operations and asset management, including the following areas:
– Understanding the common issues facing PwC's clients in the Power and Utilities Sector;
– Participating in the assessment and improvement of business processes, including leveraging SAP and/or Maximo application modules;
– Identifying and addressing client needs by actively participating in client discussions and meetings, communicating a broad range of Firm services, and preparing and presenting clear, concise, and accurate client deliverables under aggressive timelines; and,
– Leveraging proven knowledge and experience in gas transmission and/or distribution engineering, construction, or integrity management (TIMP and/or DIMP) operations.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success driving initiatives and leading teams to identify and address client needs including:
– Understanding of gas and electric transmission & distribution utilities business, organization, regulatory requirements, and common asset and work types;
– Building solid relationships with clients;
– Developing an awareness of Firm services;
– Communicating with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner, delivering clear requests for information, demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks, and communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor;
– Defining and communicating value propositions;
– Defining and measuring performance metrics;
– Developing implementation plans and business cases while building client stakeholder and sponsor consensus and support;
– Contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members, proactively seeking guidance, clarification, and feedback;
– Providing guidance, clarification and feedback to less-experienced staff;
– Designing, implementing, and supporting cross-functional business process improvements and associated technology solutions and enhancements;
– Utilizing Data analytics skills and experience developing mathematical models in R, Python, SAS, MATLAB, and/or SPSS;
– Working with asset and integrity management software packages including ESRI ArcGIS, Copperleaf C55, Opvantek Optimain DS, and/or DNV GL Synergi Pipeline;
– Using GIS-based tools to visualize data and drive analytic insights;
– Demonstrating experience with data cleansing, conversion, migration, and work planning and executing in Maximo and/or SAP;
– Managing and directing on-shore and off-shore resources to organize and profile large data sets to develop risk models;
– Preparing and modeling data in SQL, Tableau, and/or Qlik;
– Utilizing process design mapping skills in Visio and/or IBM Blueworks; and,
– Demonstrating proficiency in using MS Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and MS Project).
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisoryseniorassociate .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note that, at this time, to be in-person at a PwC office, client location or PwC-sponsored events, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.