PwC Connected Supply Chain - Manager - Pharma & Life Sciences in New York, New York
Industry/Sector: Pharma and Life Sciences
Time Type: Full time
Travel Requirements: Up to 80%
A career in our Supply Chain Management practice, within Operations Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients optimise all elements of their operations to move beyond the role of a cost effective business enabler and become a source of competitive advantages. We focus on product innovation and development, supply chain, procurement and sourcing, manufacturing operations, service operations and capital asset programmes to drive both growth and profitability.
You’ll be a part of a team that helps organisations in transforming their supply chains into a strategic asset. You’ll work with our clients to develop a supply chain strategy, optimise their supply chain footprint and logistics, manage transportation and distribution, and develop an integrated business planning solutions.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Master of Business Administration
Additional Educational Preferences :
Degrees in Science or Engineering may be considered.
Certification(s) Preferred :
APICS CSCP, APICS CPIM, ISM CPSM, ISM CSM, or ISC CPSD.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in managerial roles involving the following areas:
– Operations management, operationalizing business strategies and transforming the value chain functions from innovation, to product development, to commercialization, and to lifecycle management; –
Lean Operations, Six Sigma, and IT enablement of key business processes is preferred; and,
– Medical devices, diagnostics, or other medical technologies.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
– Leveraging extensive knowledge across Customer Service, Sales Support, Customer Contracts Management, Capital Assets Management, Field Service, Inside Sales, Depot and Refurbishment Operations, Spare Parts Management, Warehousing and Distribution, Customer Support, Software Technical Services, hardware and software products, as well as related implementations operations;
– Utilizing specialization in developing Service strategies, driving change, business transformation initiatives and turnaround scenarios to achieve maximum results;
– Building specific capabilities and specialization to assess potential shared service candidates for external service support, shared service integration and customer experience improvements with all regions on an on-going basis;
– Demonstrating excellent analytical skills in financial analysis, contact center intelligence, customer experience KPIs, etc.;
– Leveraging prior experience in review of people, processes and technologies to maximize experience, efficiencies and effectiveness in all channels;
– Deploying Digital strategies and innovations to improve service performance;
– Consulting experience;
– Displaying a proven track record of improving service operations and profits;
– Managing teams through the design and implementation of people, process and technology changes, including building solid and collaborative relationships with team members, fostering a productive teamwork environment, leveraging diverse views to encourage innovation, and helping develop and grow team members throughout the course of every engagement, providing timely and meaningful feedback;
– Exhibiting capability in thought leadership, the development of intellectual property (IP), and marketing and promotion of IP;
– Supporting incremental business development opportunities, and where possible, identifying new business opportunities including client lead maturation, proposal development, and closing;
– Leveraging industry contacts to make introductions and connect the firm to potential clients (short term or long term);
– Maintaining an active rolodex and pipeline of executives; and,
– Working to maintain, expand, and mature those over time.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisorymanager .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note that, at this time, to be in-person at a PwC office, client location or PwC-sponsored events, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.