PwC Deals - Financial Analytics and Derivatives - Manager in New York, New York
Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Time Type: Full time
Government Clearance Required: No
Available for Work Sponsorship: Yes
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
A career in our Valuations practice, within Deals Transaction Services, will provide you the opportunity to help organisations realise the potential of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and capital markets. In short, we help some of the world’s leading companies originate, create, execute, and realise value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their company.
Our team helps organisations unlock greater deal value by providing robust value opinions and transaction model business advisory. As part of the team, you’ll research financial risks, provide forecast analysis, and develop financial models that assists our team in providing fair and accurate valuation advice and ultimately helps our clients enhance their deal value.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Engineering and Business, Financial Mathematics, Mathematical Economics, Quantitative Finance
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Certification(s) Preferred :
CFA or ASA
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and proven success in roles leading and managing Valuation teams within a professional services firm that emphasizes the following areas:
– Developing valuation models using option pricing theory, Monte Carlo simulation, binomial trees, contingent claims analysis, and other financial engineering techniques, especially as it applies to valuing financial instruments (i.e. fixed income securities, swaps, exotic options, convertible bonds, commodity derivatives, and other securities);
– Managing client-facing project teams and engagements that focus on financial modelling, derivatives, securities valuation, risk management – identifying key assumptions and understanding the impact of various inputs into valuation models, deriving creative solutions that involve collecting and analyzing market data used in the valuation, analyzing third party valuations, challenging assumptions, and performing sensitivity analyses; and,
– Preparing memoranda and/or reports that communicate findings and recommendations to our clients concisely and effectively.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and proven success in roles, preferably within a professional services firm, involving the following areas related to the direction of Valuation engagement teams:
– Prioritizing and handling multiple tasks in a demanding deal-oriented environment;
– Managing client projects, understanding a client's business and technology in order to identify, pursue, and ultimately obtain additional consulting opportunities;
– Conducting independent research to gain an understanding of complex valuation issues, translating and communicating technical concepts in a manner that is understandable to clients and staff;
– Performing quantitative and qualitative Valuation-related analyses and modelling, utilizing Excel VBA and/or Matlab, as well as Bloomberg or Fincad;
– Identifying and addressing client needs, including the following: actively participating in client discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of Firm services; managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues;
– Writing and presenting cogently for industry audiences and clients, including journal articles, practice methodologies and tools, and the writing and presentation of whitepapers;
– Creating a positive environment, monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members, including providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner, and keeping leadership informed of progress; and,
– Willingness to travel, as client assignments require it.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisorymanager .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.