PwC Deals Strategy Director in New York, New York
Specialty/Competency: Deal Strategy
Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Time Type: Full time
Travel Requirements: Up to 40%
A career in our Deals Strategy practice, within Deals Transaction Services, will provide you the opportunity to help organisations realise the potential of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and capital markets. In short, we help some of the world’s leading companies originate, create, execute, and realise value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their company.
Our team helps companies navigate the accounting and financial reporting challenges of business combinations. As part of the team, you’ll develop roadmaps of the driving economic objectives, determine the appropriate professionals needed, and consider financial reporting implications for deals.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Arrange appropriate assignments and experiences to support others' learning and development.
Seek out different ways to use current and relevant technological advances.
Analyse marketplace trends – economical, social, cultural, technological – to identify opportunities and create value propositions.
Deploy methods to keep up with, and stay ahead of, new developments and ideas.
Offer a global perspective in stakeholder discussions and when shaping solutions/recommendations.
Drive and take ownership for developing networks that help deliver what is best for stakeholders.
Proactively manage stakeholders to create positive outcomes for all parties.
Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Economics, Data Processing/Analytics/Science, Computer and Information Science
Additional Educational Requirements :
Other relevant fields of study may be considered
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates thought leadership of, and/or proven record of success in roles involving, commercial due diligence or corporate strategy, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, private equity or corporate organizations, emphasizing the following:
– Understanding various facets of mergers, integrations, spin-offs and/or divestiture transactions, including options analyses and recommendations; and, – Leading teams to assist clients with strategic planning and business reviews; growth, market entry and international expansion; and market opportunity sizing.
Demonstrates thought leadership abilities, and/or proven record of success with, managing and developing strategic client relationships while providing the highest quality client work across multiple client projects, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, private equity or corporate organizations, emphasizing the following:
– Building solid and collaborative relationships with team members, fostering a productive teamwork environment, leading teams to generate a vision, leveraging diverse views, and helping to develop and grow team members throughout the course of every engagement;
– Taking a lead role in new business development and pursuit activities, including client lead maturation, proposal development, and closing new business opportunities;
– Managing and delivering significant business results that reflect strategic and creative thinking and individual initiative;
– Developing a business vision and leading complex projects while functioning as a trusted advisor at the highest levels of client organizations;
– Identifying and addressing client needs by building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships;
– Directing and conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses of complex data, including Market and competitor analysis (market sizing, drivers and dynamics), customer analysis and internal analysis (strategic analysis, business model reviews, financials);
– Framing and understanding key client issues, client processes and mandate, defining realistic expectations for the client, team, and PwC;
– Being hypothesis driven by employing scientific method for business problem solving, with high level of prioritization on core issues for the client and problem at hand;
– Scoping and developing high-yield work structures by defining the scope, breaking down work in meaningful structures, prioritizing sequencing;
– Driving thought leadership; being in-tune with industry- and function-specific issues; developing action-oriented points of view; and developing new offerings which drive demand for the Deals Strategy;
– Writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently; to and/or for all levels of audiences, clients and internal staff and management;
– Leading project workstreams and developing proposals, deliverables and reports using the Microsoft suite of applications such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
– Multi-tasking and balancing time effectively, keeping a rapid pace without sacrificing quality; and,
– Understanding advanced analytics and big data is preferred.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisorydirector .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note that, at this time, to be in-person at a PwC office, client location or PwC-sponsored events, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.