PwC Financial Analytics and Derivatives - Senior Associate in New York, New York
Industry/Sector: IMA X-Sector
Time Type: Full time
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
A career in our Financial Analytics and Derivatives practice, within Deals Transaction Services, will provide you the opportunity to help organisations realise the potential of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and capital markets. In short, we help some of the world’s leading companies originate, create, execute, and realise value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their company.
Our team uses sophisticated models and analytical skills to value complex financial instruments and design strategies to reduce client risk and maximise opportunities. As part of our team, you’ll help our clients with asset or liability risk, structuring sophisticated compensation arrangements, and contract assessment related to financial statements.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Engineering and Business, Financial Mathematics, Mathematical Economics, Quantitative Finance
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and proven success in roles leading work streams within and participating in Valuation teams within a professional services firm that emphasizes the following areas:
– Developing valuation models using option pricing theory, Monte Carlo simulation, binomial trees, contingent claims analysis, and other financial engineering techniques, especially as it applies to valuing financial instruments (i.e. fixed income securities, swaps, exotic options, convertible bonds, commodity derivatives, and other securities);
– Leading work streams within and participating in client-facing project teams and engagements that focus on financial modelling, derivatives, securities valuation, risk management – identifying key assumptions and understanding the impact of various inputs into valuation models, deriving creative solutions that involve collecting and analyzing market data used in the valuation, analyzing third party valuations, challenging assumptions, and performing sensitivity analyses;
– Preparing memoranda and/or reports that communicate findings and recommendations to our clients concisely and effectively.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and proven success in roles, preferably within a professional services firm, involving the following areas related to the direction of Valuation engagement teams:
– Prioritizing and handling multiple tasks in a demanding deal-oriented environment;
– Leading work streams and participating in client projects, understanding a client's business and technology in order to identify, pursue, and ultimately obtain additional consulting opportunities;
– Conducting independent research to gain an understanding of complex valuation issues, translating and communicating technical concepts in a manner that is understandable to clients and staff;
– Performing quantitative and qualitative Valuation-related analyses and modelling, utilizing Excel VBA and/or Matlab, as well as Bloomberg or Fincad;
– Identifying and addressing client needs, including the following: actively participating in client discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of Firm services; managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues;
– Writing and presenting cogently for industry audiences and clients, including journal articles, practice methodologies and tools, and the writing and presentation of whitepapers;
– Creating a positive environment, monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members, including providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner, and keeping leadership informed of progress; and,
– Willingness to travel, as client assignments require it.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisoryseniorassociate .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note that, at this time, to be in-person at a PwC office, client location or PwC-sponsored events, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.