PwC Financial Crimes Compliance- Senior Associate in New York, New York
Specialty/Competency: Conduct and Compliance
Industry/Sector: Banking and Capital Markets
Time Type: Full time
Travel Requirements: Up to 80%
A career in our Anti Money Laundering practice, within Regulatory Response and Remediation services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations build resilience and embed regulatory compliance into their operating models by improving processes, technology, and data. We develop strategies that help business leaders and their board use regulation as a strategy enhancement, support ongoing regulatory efficiency, and provide confidence in their regulatory response.
Our team helps organisations to harness technology to create effective, efficient, and sustainable Anti Money Laundering programmes. As part of our team, you’ll help with vulnerability assessments, compliance programme evaluations, and gap analyses to assist clients in reducing their money laundering and sanctions exposure.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Certification(s) Preferred :
ACAMs/ACFCS and/or CRCM
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates proven considerable knowledge of, and success with performing on, compliance-related consulting engagements, including:
– AML/BSA and OFAC laws and regulations as well having a some understanding and experience of how to apply such requirements in a business environment;
– Banking products and services and Banking operations;
– Banking processes (commercial, retail, private banking, broker dealers) and transactional flows;
– Common and emerging issues impacting Financial Services clients Knowledge of data analytics and risk modelling as it relates to AML/BSA and OFAC solutions;
– Strategy, operations and management in a number of functional areas across various industry types;
– Corporate compliance, including developing and assessing corporate compliance programs, constructing, monitoring and auditing programs, and managing internal risk assessments and/or investigations;
– Common issues facing clients within one or more of the following industries: Healthcare, Products and Services and Financial Services;
– Participation in proposal development efforts and help implement industry best practices to all clients;
– Communications with clients in an organized and knowledgeable manner, delivering clear requests for information, demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks and communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor.
Demonstrates thorough understanding of BSA/AML and Sanctions regulations and regulatory authorities and proven experience with working with banking and financial firms across multiple business areas, banking, lending, trading, risk management, evaluating, implementing and developing the following:
– Customer on-boarding procedures including CIP, CDD, and EDD;
– Working with transaction monitoring solutions, investigating potential suspicious activity;
– Working with OFAC/Sanctions and screening programs Working with AML policies and procedures;
– Developing AML and OFAC risk assessments;
– Demonstrates an analytic mind-set and creative problem-solving abilities when applying regulatory requirements in a business environment;
– Proven ability to interpret information and regulatory requirements in order to create policy and supporting implementing procedures in a business environment.
Demonstrates some understanding of internal control environment that is appropriate to mitigate the risks with laws and regulations.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success with advising clients on compliance issues, assessing compliance risks and controls, implementing compliance supervisory and control solutions.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success with identifying and addressing client needs: actively participating in client discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of Firm services; managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success as a team leader: creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisoryseniorassociate .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note that, at this time, to be in-person at a PwC office, client location or PwC-sponsored events, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.