PwC Financial Crimes- Manager of Compliance in New York, New York
Specialty/Competency: Conduct and Compliance
Industry/Sector: Banking and Capital Markets
Time Type: Full time
Government Clearance Required: No
Available for Work Sponsorship: Yes
Travel Requirements: Up to 80%
A career in our Anti Money Laundering practice, within Regulatory Response and Remediation services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations build resilience and embed regulatory compliance into their operating models by improving processes, technology, and data. We develop strategies that help business leaders and their board use regulation as a strategy enhancement, support ongoing regulatory efficiency, and provide confidence in their regulatory response.
Our team helps organisations to harness technology to create effective, efficient, and sustainable Anti Money Laundering programmes. As part of our team, you’ll help with vulnerability assessments, compliance programme evaluations, and gap analyses to assist clients in reducing their money laundering and sanctions exposure.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Master of Business Administration
Additional Educational Preferences :
Juris Doctorate or Master of Public Health may be considered.
Certification(s) Preferred :
ACAMs/ACFCS and/or CRCM
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and proven success with managing compliance-related consulting engagements within a top consulting or accounting firm, including:
– AML/BSA and OFAC laws and regulations as well having a thorough understanding and experience of how to apply such requirements in a business;
– Banking products and services and Banking operations;
– Banking processes (commercial, retail, private banking, broker dealers) and transactional flows;
– Common and emerging issues impacting Financial Services clients Knowledge of data analytics and risk modelling as it relates to AML/BSA and OFAC solutions;
– Development of solutions related to strategy, operations and management in a number of functional areas of corporations or start-up companies;
– Corporate compliance, including developing, analyzing and assessing corporate compliance programs; constructing, monitoring and auditing programs; managing internal risk assessment and investigations, collaborating with organization management to integrate compliance controls into the scope of existing business practices; developing and delivering compliance training, and managing incident management systems;
– Management of multiple, complex projects and direct medium to large staff teams.
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and thorough understanding of BSA/AML and Sanctions regulations and regulatory authorities and proven experience with working with banking and financial firms across multiple business areas, banking, lending, trading, risk management, evaluating, implementing and developing the following:
– Customer on-boarding procedures including CIP, CDD, and EDD;
– Working with transaction monitoring solutions, investigating potential suspicious activity;
– Working with OFAC/Sanctions and screening programs;
– Working with AML policies and procedures;
– Developing AML and OFAC risk assessments.
Demonstrates an analytic mind-set and creative problem-solving abilities when applying regulatory requirements in a business environment. Proven ability to interpret information and regulatory requirements in order to create policy and supporting implementing procedures in a business environment.
Demonstrates extensive understanding of internal control environment that is appropriate to mitigate the risks with laws and regulations.
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success with leading client-facing consulting teams, including: Communicating with external clients and internal staff in an organized and knowledgeable manner including
– Leveraging project management and project facilitation skills, especially with leading and facilitating teams and developing client proposals;
– Identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials;
– Developing risk management programs, including risk monitoring and reporting, risk assessment and prioritization, and the facilitation of the definition of an organization's risk appetite and risk tolerance in alignment with their organization's strategy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.