PwC Financial Markets, Snr Assoc - Hospitality in New York, New York
A career within Financial Markets Business Advisory services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to a variety of audit, regulatory, valuation, and financial analyses services to design solutions that address our clients’ complex accounting and financial reporting challenges, as well as their broader business issues.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from from current trends in business area.
Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
Share relevant thought leadership.
Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Providing development and positioning advisory on new hospitality sector developments; assisting real estate funds and investment managers involved in transactions of hotels to determine operating, risk-adjusted, arms-length rents for assets in REIT-TRS structures; providing consulting support and expert testimony in disputes within the Hospitality & Leisure sector; valuing and advising on an array of hospitality and real estate transactions and designing financial models.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Certification(s) Preferred :
Certification(s) Preferred: Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM), State Certified Appraisal License, CFA Level II or commitment to pass exams for the above before being promote to Manager
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
The select candidate will demonstrate proven abilities with conducting research and performing analyses of pertinent hospitality and real estate-related client, industry and financial matters while utilizing problem-solving skills including but not limited to:
● synthesis and analysis of real estate market data across property types on a domestic and foreign basis;
● analyses of historical property operating statements, and implications on value and forecasts.
● preparation of hospitality and real estate valuation analyses using the three acceptable methods of valuation cost, market, and income approach including discounted cash flow models;
● identification and analyses of comparable sales, leases, and the ability to construct a discounted cash flow model using the standard suite of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and/or Argus to execute related deliverables; and,
● analyses of hospitality and real estate related transactions, including advisory services, due diligence, business combinations and sales related transactions for financial and valuation related deliverables.
Additionally, demonstrates proven abilities involving the identification and addressing of client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; understanding resource requirements, project workflow; and, preparing or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
Demonstrated ability and desire to research and analyze pertinent client, industry, and technical matters;
● Experience demonstrating effective problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks;
● Ability to communicate and interact with various internal and client stakeholders in both written and verbal forms; and
● Ability to self-motivate and take responsibility for personal growth and development.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law.