PwC Financial Modeling , Valuation Senior Associate in New York, New York
Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Time Type: Full time
Government Clearance Required: No
Available for Work Sponsorship: No
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
A career in our Valuations practice, within Deals Transaction Services, will provide you the opportunity to help organisations realise the potential of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and capital markets. In short, we help some of the world’s leading companies originate, create, execute, and realise value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their company.
Our team helps organisations unlock greater deal value by providing robust value opinions and transaction model business advisory. As part of the team, you’ll research financial risks, provide forecast analysis, and develop financial models that assists our team in providing fair and accurate valuation advice and ultimately helps our clients enhance their deal value.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Certification(s) Preferred :
CFA or ASA
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success as a team leader who will work with senior Transaction Services practitioners and other professionals (e.g., bankers, third-party appraisers, auditors, other advisors, etc.) on a daily basis to deliver solutions to clients in the following areas:
– Utilizing and applying knowledge of key valuation methodologies for business entities and intangible assets, including Income, Market, and Asset/Cost approaches;
– Understanding of accounting, corporate finance, valuation, economics, tax and business reporting processes;
– Conducting in-depth client, industry, and market research;
– Demonstrating of commercial/business acumen and industry experience;
– Collaborating with team members and working in a dynamic environment; and,
– Analyzing and challenging business/model assumptions.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader within the practice of a global network of professional services consulting firms, including, but not limited to, the following areas:
– Demonstrates knowledge of experience applying valuation methodologies and accounting principles; stays current on applicable financial reporting standards, and demonstrates knowledge of key Valuation techniques through effective analysis and resolution of issues;
– Sets leading examples with professional skepticism, independence, and objectivity, e.g. considering where client incentives or pressures exist and supporting the team in navigating auditor judgments;
– Identifies and elevates issues early, proposing solutions and communicating them effectively to team members and the client;
– Enhances the quality of work by actively supervising and coaching others – taking responsibility for the quality of work and performing a critical self-review, seeking proactively the advice of supervisors, and responding to feedback in a timely manner;
– Utilizes extensive know-how of business financials, reporting processes, and management of engagement economics;
– Leverages tools and techniques for research, analysis, and problem solving – including interpreting data/research, drawing conclusions, and sharing derived perspectives on major economic trends, current industry or sector trends, issues and opportunities with clients;
– Leverages know-how of globalization and how it impacts local and global business considerations;
– Works effectively as part of a diverse delivery team;
– Applies a global lens to business issues, identifying potential opportunities for global convergences and divergence in analytics;
– Adjusts to shifting priorities and challenges and ability to juggle new and multiple tasks;
– Delegates effectively tasks and provides direction and support to more junior team members;
– Develops others by creating and supporting appropriate work assignments;
– Provides coaching and feedback candidly and constructively and receives feedback openly;
– Builds relationships to create exceptional client and people experience; Communicates confidently and effectively using a variety of communication styles across different contexts;
– Prepares for team and client interactions by anticipating others' needs and tailoring content appropriately;
– Plays an active role in discussions, proactively ask questions and share an informed point of view; and,
– Recognizes the value of multiple and diverse perspectives and is comfortable challenging an established point of view.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.