PwC Financial Services - Digital Specialist - Manager in New York, New York
A career in our Digital and Applications Design practice, within Application and Emerging Technology services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients identify and prioritise emerging technologies that can help solve their business problems. We help our clients design approaches to integrate new technologies, skills, and processes so they can get the most out of their technology investment and drive business results and innovation.
Our team helps organisations align their business and operational requirements through the careful design of digital platforms and applications. You’ll help our clients with application optimisation, strategic integration of custom packaged solutions like Enterprise Resource Planning and Customer Relationship Management, and roadmap development.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
Focus on building trusted relationships.
Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience (Master’s degree preferred)
Minimum Years of Experience:
6+ years of experience in relevant technology projects with 4+ years of client facing Advisory Consulting experience.
We are looking for highly motivated technologists that embrace innovating the Digital experiences of our clients. Prefered candidates have a background leading and contributing to the analysis, design, development, integration of technology projects. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to design & build software to introduce new functionality and expand existing functionality and translate business requirements into technical specifications and implementation patterns.
· Proficiency in Java and object oriented design
· Use of back-end development frameworks like Spring and framework extensions like Spring MVC
· SQL development of Views and Stored Procedures
· Database management, including partitioning and indexing, on Oracle or MSSQL
· ETL development and data quality management using tools like Informatica, Talend, Boomi or Pentaho
· Business Process Management (BPM) development using tools like Appian or Pega
· Front-end development using frameworks like Angular or Node
· Integrations with third-party tools using OpenAPI including Salesforce, Workday, core banking systems, payment processors, etc.
· Development on Cloud environments using Serverless functions
· Docker and microservices experience
· Job scheduling using tools like Control-M or Autosys
· Test-Driven Development (TDD) using Gherkin and Cucumber
· Lambda and Kappa architecture using distributed and in-memory data systems
· Provide a technology point of view on tool selection, technology patterns, solutioning methodology and work effort analysis
· Design and implement complex data and workflow solutions
· Gather functional and technical system requirements
· Setup client-side architecture, install software, and configure for high performance and scalability
· Provide demonstrations to clients throughout the entire project life-cycle
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Strong problem solving and design skills
· 80% + weekly travel
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law.