PwC Pharma Life Sciences - Sales Director (CRE) in New York, New York
Specialty/Competency: IFS – Clients & Markets
Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Time Type: Full time
Travel Requirements: Up to 40%
A career in Sales and Marketing, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to focus on positioning a distinctive PwC brand in the marketplace and drive long term revenue growth for the Firm. You’ll focus on designing, developing, and implementing communication programmes and media events to promote and sell the PwC’s brand and services as well as contribute to and evaluating our pricing strategies in the marketplace.
Our Business Development team supports PwC and its clients by developing sales strategies, executing tactics, and securing the resources required to close sales opportunities. As part of the team, you’ll be managing sales pursuits and the sales pipeline, helping the account team in identifying, qualifying and closing sales leads, and coordinating the utilisation of all account management methodology and business development tools.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
General Education Development (GED)
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Business Administration/Management, Accounting, Economics, Law
Additional Educational Preferences :
Other business related fields of study may be considered.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Extensive knowledge of professional services selling and the ability to build and sustain long term relations with clients to drive revenue. Demonstrated success in an individual contributor sales role for a professional services organization. Demonstrated understanding of the structure, key issues, language, and environment of one or more industry/sector groups with an ability to discuss and explain current and emerging issues within one or more industry sectors, including products and services applicable to those needs and effectively engage with executive level clients and with sector-focused PwC resources.
Extensive experience and demonstrated effectiveness and success across sales competencies. Demonstrated large account team management and team selling. Demonstrated selling effectiveness evidenced by the ability to:
– Consistently and systematically initiate sales calls and contacts; pursue prospects to secure meetings; win referrals and explore sales opportunities;
– Solicit information from clients to effectively qualify and scope opportunities; play an active role in discussing and developing solutions with client teams and clients;
– Understand client business issues and match them to service capabilities/revenue opportunities;
– Control the sales process through effective targeting of buyers and influencers; overcome objections and obstacles to win the business develop and execute a targeted relationship and account development strategy;
– Utilize sales cycle methodology, account and relationship development methodology.
Demonstrated relationship effectiveness, including the ability to:
– Establish and develop long-term client relationships;
– Effectively represent client needs to ensure appropriate solutions are brought to the client;
– Build trust with clients;
– Successfully navigate a complex internal organization consisting of dozens of distinct capabilities and practices; thrive in an unstructured and evolving team and organizational environment.
Demonstrated personal effectiveness, including a proven ability to:
– Accomplish and exceed goals within challenging, complex organizations;
– Project executive presence and professionalism sufficient to interact with C-level executives and senior partners;
– Remain tenacious and undeterred by criticism and setbacks; and,
– Meet significant targets and goals with minimal oversight and direction on a daily, weekly, or even monthly basic.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoifsdirector .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note that, at this time, to be in-person at a PwC office, client location or PwC-sponsored events, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.