PwC Valuations - Tangible Assets - Sr. Associate in New York, New York
Industry/Sector: FS X-Sector
Time Type: Full time
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
A career in our Valuations practice, within Deals Transaction Services, will provide you the opportunity to help organisations realise the potential of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and capital markets. In short, we help some of the world’s leading companies originate, create, execute, and realise value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their company.
Our team helps organisations unlock greater deal value by providing robust value opinions and transaction model business advisory. As part of the team, you’ll research financial risks, provide forecast analysis, and develop financial models that assists our team in providing fair and accurate valuation advice and ultimately helps our clients enhance their deal value.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in roles managing Valuation teams within a professional services firm that emphasizes the following areas: – Creating valuation models based on valuation principles (including the market approach, cost approach, income approach, cost approach and/or discounted cash flow method), especially as it applies to the principles of the valuation of tangible assets, analysis of third-party valuations; challenge of assumptions; and performance of sensitivity analyses;
– Leading individual work streams for, and/or participating on, client-facing project teams and engagements, driving toward the development of creative solutions that involve performing site inspections; conducting interviews with clients; and performing in-depth machinery and equipment, client, industry, and market research; and,
– Preparing memoranda and/or reports that communicate research findings and recommendations concisely and effectively.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in roles, preferably within a professional services firm, involving the following areas related to the participation on Valuation engagement teams:
– Prioritizing and handling multiple tasks in a demanding deal-oriented environment;
– Identifying and addressing client needs, including the following: actively participating in client discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of Firm services; managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues;
– Writing and presenting cogently for industry audiences and clients, including journal articles, practice methodologies and tools, and the writing and presentation of whitepapers;
– Creating a positive environment, monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members, including providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner, and keeping leadership informed of progress;
– Conducting independent research to gain an understanding of complex valuation issues, translating and communicating technical concepts in a manner that is understandable to clients and staff;
– Performing quantitative and qualitative Valuation-related analyses, utilizing an advanced use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel for the preparation, manipulation, and analysis of large data sets; and,
– Willingness to travel, as client assignments require it.
Minimum years experience required
Additional application instructions
Travel – 25%
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisoryseniorassociate .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note that, at this time, to be in-person at a PwC office, client location or PwC-sponsored events, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.