PwC HIA MSS - RPI / Pharma Pricing - Senior Associate in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Specialty/Competency: Data and Analytics Technologies
Industry/Sector: Pharma and Life Sciences
Time Type: Full time
Government Clearance Required: No
Available for Work Sponsorship: Yes
Travel Requirements: Up to 80%
A career within Data and Analytics Technology services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics. We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organisations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology. We make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success as a functional team member assisting clients in the consultation, design implementation and support of technical solutions and improving business processes, including the following areas:
– Pharmaceutical wholesaler and manufacturer experience with an understanding of industry trends within generics, specialty and branded products;
– Pricing and profitability strategy, price setting, and innovative contracting;
– Contracting, rebate and customer deal modelling for the US market;
– Revenue management, contracting strategies and customer compliance;
– Price waterfall components that examines buy side and sell side influences;
– Formulary management understanding and manufacturer considerations for prime formulary positioning;
– Pricing across various channels and strategies such as cost plus, strategic pricing, channel pricing, net pricing, price optimization and customer segmentation;
– Pricing, contracting, and/or managed markets organizational and governance design;
– Statistical Analysis and Techniques;
– Customer, Product and Pricing Analysis;
– Business and Operations Analysis within pricing, sales, operations, or opportunity identification analysis using quantitative techniques; and,
– Visualization techniques and tools, advanced analytics techniques (regression, simulation, etc.).
– Need to have Pricing & Contracting; Vendova, Pros, or Price FX systems exp.
– If have Gross to Net exp.; Model N, Revitas, BPI or Davizta systems exp.
– If have Value Based Pricing exp.; Model N, Revistas, BPI or Vistex systems exp.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
– Designing, building, testing and deploying technical solutions across various applications, including assisting with technical efforts that involve the development, design, implementation and support of business processes;
– Participating actively in client discussions and meetings;
– Communicating a broad range of Firm services;
– Managing engagements including preparing concise and accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues;
– Creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team member; and,
– Writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management, which includes whitepapers, studies and client briefings.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 3+ years of Client Facing External Consulting experience having served Pharmaceutical clientele.
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree, Helpful to have Masters degree (but not required).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.