PwC Customer Pricing and Profitability Director in Washington, District Of Columbia
Industry/Sector: TMT X-Sector
Time Type: Full time
Travel Requirements: Up to 80%
A career in our Customer Pricing and Profitability practice, within Customer Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients design customer strategies that address the customers’ underlying needs and desired outcomes. We help build bridges between digital and analog mediums, delivering personal and contextual experiences powered by technology and analytics, and driving the total experience by engaging the customer, product, partner, and employee experiences.
Our team helps clients build pricing strategies and capabilities that respond to the marketplace and support profitable growth. In joining, you’ll help with pricing and revenue model strategy, customer portfolio profitability and optimisation, and trade promotions.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realize their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates proven industry and consulting expertise in most of the following areas:
- Pricing strategy/structure/model development;
- Pricing & profitability modeling;
- Pricing analytics;
- Pricing setting & optimization (including price elasticity);
- Pricing process/management improvement/redesign;
- Pricing organizational & governance design;
- Market segmentation;
- Portfolio optimization/rationalization;
- Discount and promotion management;
- Value based pricing;
- Psychological based pricing (e.g., behavioral economics);
- New Product Pricing & External Pricing Research; or
- Lifecycle Pricing Management.
Demonstrates proven expertise managing pricing and profitability efforts and teams to identify and address client needs: communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements; preparing and coordinating complex written and verbal materials; managing project workflows and budgets.
Demonstrates expertise of pricing and profitability strategy emphasizing an extensive track record of managing large scale projects that involve thinking critically about the business model and processes, and articulating a vision for the future of the business through thought leadership, including:
- Direction of complex projects related to pricing and profitability;
- Pricing technologies and how they impact the overall pricing strategy;
- Successful interactions with senior leadership in client organizations;
- Prior experience in a consulting role within a managerial capacity.
Demonstrates expert-level leadership abilities that include the following:
- Writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management;
- Leveraging industry knowledge and analytical skills, especially as it relates to project management and project facilitation;
- Leading and/or facilitating teams and develop client proposals, leveraging extensive business development and relationship management know-how;
- Identifying and addressing client needs: developing and sustaining deep client relationships using networking, negotiation and persuasion skills to identify and sell potential new service opportunities; preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials; and defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collection;
- Leading teams to generate a vision, establish direction and motivate members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation;
- Leveraging business transformation skills with a track record of successful change enablement with quantifiable results;
- Utilizing analytical skills with the ability to translate complex problems into simple and actionable tasks;
- Building and sustaining extensive client relationships using networking, negotiation and persuasion skills to identify and sell potential new pricing opportunities ideally in the $2-4 million range annually.
Individuals who have obtained the preferred skills and certifications but lack a bachelor’s degree may be considered if they have demonstrated 12 years of specialized training and/or progressively responsible work experience involving pricing and profitability strategy (e.g. developing new business, etc.) for each missing year of college-level training in addition to the eight years of experience required.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisorydirector.