PwC FS - Google Cloud (GCP) - Director in Washington, District Of Columbia
Line of Service: Advisory
Specialty/Competency: Application & Emerging Technology
Industry/Sector: FS X-Sector
Time Type: Full time
Government Clearance Required: No
Available for Work Sponsorship: Yes
Travel Requirements: Up to 80%
A career in our Digital and Applications Design practice, within Application and Emerging Technology services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients identify and prioritise emerging technologies that can help solve their business problems. We help our clients design approaches to integrate new technologies, skills, and processes so they can get the most out of their technology investment and drive business results and innovation. Our team helps organisations align their business and operational requirements through the careful design of digital platforms and applications. You’ll help our clients with application optimisation, strategic integration of custom packaged solutions like Enterprise Resource Planning and Customer Relationship Management, and roadmap development.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
10+year(s) of Client Facing Large Data Transformations and Cloud (GCP) experience
Certification(s) Preferred: Google Cloud Professional Cloud Architect certification and/ Google Cloud Data Engineer or Google Cloud Machine Learning Engineer
Preferred Fields of Study :
Computer and Information Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Management, Management Information Systems, Information Technology
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
-GCP Cloud Data Architects are passionate about helping customers build applications at scale. Being an experienced technologist with technical
depth and breadth, aided with strong interpersonal skills, you will work with our team of motivated technologists delivering end-to-end solutions.
-Help customers transition to the cloud in a high-value migration approach that leverages various design patterns and practices in an agile model.
-You are responsible to build architectures and provide prescriptive guidance across network, storage, operating systems, virtualization,
RDBMS & NoSQL databases and security.
-Work with customers to enable a DevOps culture and modernize operations and release strategies. In addition, you will work with
mid-tier technologies that include application integration, in-memory caches, messaging brokers etc.
-The qualified GCP Cloud Architect will have demonstrated the ability to understand Financial Services domain and connect technology with measurable
business value is a critical component to be successful in this role.
-We seek team members who are self-motivated, driven, collaborative, passionate about Cloud
implementations and have a direct positive impact on our customer's success.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
● 8+ years design & implementation experience with distributed applications
● 8+ years of experience in networking, infrastructure, or database architectures
● 8+ years' of experience with data transformation programs
● 8+ years' of experience architecting/operating solutions built on GCP
● End to end hands-on to carry out complex POC, Pilot, Limited production rollout assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures
● Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new, or migrating existing, applications,
software and services on the Google Cloud Platform.
● Direct experience managing Data Engineering, Data Science, and Analyst/Business Intelligence Teams (6+ years of analytics experience with at
least 2+ years leading a team of analysts)
● Strong experience in data pipelines, ETL design (both implementation and maintenance), data warehousing, and data modeling (preferably in dbt)
● Experience with industry-standard Reporting tools: Power BI, Looker, Qlik, Tableau, etc
● Worked collaboratively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to achieve an organizational goal
● Worked in an agile environment and are comfortable running an agile process for the data and analytics team
● Has advanced skills in SQL, data modeling, ETL/ELT development, and data warehousing
● Are proficient in engineering best practices (e.g., using Git for source control, peer-reviewing code, and writing DRY, well-documented code)
● Implementation and tuning experience in the Big Data Ecosystem, (such as Data Analytics (, Dataflow, Pub/Sub, Dataproc, Data Fusion, Cloud Composer/Airflow, Dataprep, DataStudio, Hadoop, Spark, R, Presto, Hive), Database (such as Cloud SQL, Cloud Spanner, Oracle), NoSQL (such as HBase, MongoDB Atlas, Cloud Firestore, Cloud Bigtable. design principles), in-memory (Redis, GCP Memorystore), GCP AI and ML Services and Data Warehousing (such as BigQuery, schema design, query tuning and optimization) and data migration and integration.
● Develops operational compliance policies and programs based on global regulatory guidelines, requirements and best practices for data governance, data
quality, data security, privacy, ethical business practices, and financial services industry standards. Evaluates changes to requirements and best practices to
appropriately incorporate into policies and programs.
● Nice to have: experience with digital tagging and tracking tools, such as Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
● Implementation of industry standard data security practices during implementation and maintain it throughout the lifecycle
● Lead the analysis of the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement. Besides, lead the
analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise as well as on the enterprise technology architecture
● Help customers transition to the cloud in a high-value migration approach that leverages best of breed designs and practices delivered in an agile model
Additional Preferred Knowledge/Skills:
● Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in the following areas:
● Working knowledge of Cloud platforms and the technologies that make them work. (AWS, Azure, Snowflake, MongoDB); and, Demonstrates thought leader-
level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in the following areas:
● Excelling in delivering high-value solutions in dynamic and ambiguous environments;
● Leading complex projects by bringing together the right perspectives, identifying roadblocks, and integrating feedback from clients and team members;
● Guiding delivery from project scoping to conclusion, while consistently keeping the client’s goals in mind;
● Having a passion for developing and growing team members;
● Communicating at an executive level;
● Understanding of TOGAF framework is nice to have
● Serving as both a mentor and advocate for your team and PwC Community;
● Excelling in creating and maintaining professional relationships and leverage your professional network to seek new business opportunities;
● Approaching new projects with an open mind, learn from your mistakes and ask for help when needed;
● Believing empathy for coworkers and customers is key to your success;
● Believing in the value created by diverse teams and can adapt to a variety of working styles Leading development of thought leadership and sales materials to grow the PwC Community, build new client relationships and business opportunities. Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in one or more of the following areas:
● Cloud Strategy, Design, Architecture and Migration
● Cloud Platforms (Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, GCP);
● DevOps, Automation CI/CD;
● AI, Machine Learning, IoT ;
● ServiceNow, ITIL, SACM;
● COBIT, Remedy, Service Catalogue, CMDB; and,
● Incident, Problem and Change Management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisorydirector .