PwC FS - Google Cloud (GCP), Security & Network Architect - Director in Washington, District Of Columbia
Line of Service: Advisory
Specialty/Competency: Application & Emerging Technology
Industry/Sector: FS X-Sector
Time Type: Full time
Government Clearance Required: No
Available for Work Sponsorship: Yes
Travel Requirements: Up to 80%
A career in our Digital and Applications Design practice, within Application and Emerging Technology services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients identify and prioritise emerging technologies that can help solve their business problems. We help our clients design approaches to integrate new technologies, skills, and processes so they can get the most out of their technology investment and drive business results and innovation.Our team helps organisations align their business and operational requirements through the careful design of digital platforms and applications. You’ll help our clients with application optimisation, strategic integration of custom packaged solutions like Enterprise Resource Planning and Customer Relationship Management, and roadmap development.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
10+ year(s) of Client Facing Large Data Transformations and Cloud (GCP) experience
Certification(s) Preferred: Google Cloud Professional Cloud Architect certification and/ Google Cloud Security Professional Engineer or Google Cloud Network Professional Engineer CISSP or similar information security certificate (e.g. CRISC, CISA, CEH, CISM)
Preferred Fields of Study :
Computer and Information Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Management, Management Information Systems, Information Technology
Job Description Summary
PwC’s Cloud Computing and Networking practice helps our clients transform their business through innovative technology solutions and effective IT Service Management. Part of that journey includes helping our clients enable innovation, reinventing their customer experience, and exploring new markets. You will be immersed in a variety of different projects, groups, and locations while
getting inspired through your community to grow as an individual as well as a team. Our diverse client service teams encourage out-of-the-box thinking, problem solving, great team mentality and a curiosity for understanding the latest in technology
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future. As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
● Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
● Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realize their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
● Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
● Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across
multiple projects and environments.
● Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to
accomplish more than they could apart.
● I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse
● Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is
best for our people and stakeholders.
● Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
● Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Additional Job Description
We are looking for a GCP Cloud Network and Security Architect who's passionate about helping customers build applications at scale. Being an experienced technologist with technical depth and breadth, aided with strong interpersonal skills, you will work with our team of motivated technologists delivering end-to-end solutions. You will help customers transition to the cloud in a high-value migration approach that leverages various design patterns and practices in an agile model. The qualified GCP Cloud Architect will have demonstrated the ability to understand Financial Services domain and connect technology with measurable business value is a critical component to be successful in this role. We seek team members who are self-motivated, driven, collaborative, passionate about Cloud implementations and have a direct positive impact on our customer's success. You will lead a team of security and network architects that provide support and services across the enterprise. You will ensure security/network architecture contributes to enterprise architecture processes and programs while integrating with critical corporate projects. You will define and implement a strategy to modernize security architecture and deliver services to the business in an agile manner.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
● 8+ years of experience building, maintaining and managing security aspects of large-scale public cloud infrastructure and services (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
● 8+ years of programming experience in C, C++, Python, or other programming
languages on UNIX operating systems.
● Demonstrated threat modeling capabilities in networking, software infrastructure and applications as they impact the security posture of an organization.
● Experience working with mission-critical, large-scale distributed applications and products.
● Past experience developing usable security tools in a professional setting or
open source, as well as an understanding of tools to automate the software
● Working knowledge in defining tools, techniques and technologies used to
secure and monitor the cloud infrastructure.
● Experience leading the large DevSecOps transformation across the enterprise
for multi cloud architectures
● Support new product development, guiding teams to appropriate security
● Build prototypes for infrastructure technologies, and understand how they fit into
the existing environment.
● Foster a culture of security consciousness while understanding the trade-offs
between security, usability and performance at a large scale.
● Help develop strategies to secure financial products, network, and cloud
● Build collaborative relationships with stakeholders across many functions, with a focus on correctness, scalability and usability of distributed infrastructure.
● Networking and related concepts and protocols such as Ethernet, wireless
networking, LTE, TCP/IP protocols, MPLS, OSPF, IS-IS, and BGP routing,
VPNs, VLANs, link aggregation groups, ECMP, Hybrid and SD-WANs and the
OSI reference model.
● Internet architecture, routing operations, colocation, Internet exchanges, CDNs and DNS
● Carrier services such as Layer 3 and Layer 2 MPLS VPNs.
● The practical functionality of various network elements—routers, switches,
firewalls, load balancers, WAN optimization devices, DNS servers, authentication servers, server network interfaces.
● Deep understanding and hands-on experience of Cisco and Juniper switching
and routing platforms and related protocols for design and support of large,
● Extensive experience in Firewalling and Load balancing on Checkpoint, Cisco,
F5 & A10 platforms
● Devises a framework for on-going Network Service Continuity Testing that
ensures disaster recovery/service continuity readiness while highlighting service risks or areas for optimization
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in the following areas:
● Experience with financial software design, implementation and threat modeling
● Knowledge of virtualization technology and the landscape of cloud computing vulnerabilities
● Experience architecting Kubernetes infrastructure and working with container
● Experience managing and enforcing security policies at a large scale (IAM, OPA, etc)
● Infrastructure security experience; including the ability to perform technical third-party risk assessments, product assessment and selection, and knowledge of datacenter and Cloud infrastructure and application security design.
● Demonstrated experience working with enterprise architecture organizations to design and deliver security solutions and to reduce the potential risk of data
● Experience working in PCI, FFIEC, and other regulatory frameworks.
Leading development of thought leadership and sales materials to grow the PwC Community, build new client relationships and business opportunities. Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in one or more of the following areas:
● Cloud Platforms (Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, GCP);
● Cloud Strategy, Design, Architecture and Migration;
● DevOps, Automation CI/CD;
● ServiceNow, ITIL, SACM;
● COBIT, Remedy, Service Catalogue, CMDB; and,
● Incident, Problem and Change Management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisorydirector .